The information we collect
We receive and store information that you submit on our website or give us in other ways (such as via telephone or through the mail). This consists of information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, date of birth, telephone number, postal and email addresses, fax number, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, and billing address). We may also request information about your travel plans, style, and preferences (such as meal requests, seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car rental program information, and flight class, luggage, and ticketing options) as well as your entertainment interests (such as tour itineraries, performance and activity interests, and venue preferences). You can choose not to provide information to us, but generally this information is necessary for you to register as a user, make bookings for travel or entertainment, complete a profile, receive updates of flight delays or schedule changes, post reviews, contribute to a discussion forum, participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes, ask us a question, or initiate other transactions on our website. If you decline to supply or provide us with information while using our website, you may not be able to use or participate in some or all of its features.
How we use your information
Email Communications. From time to time, we may send you emails containing information about your apparent travel-related or activity interests. We do this to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related or other opportunities on our website. For example, if you search for a flight to Paris on our website and have saved your itinerary or otherwise not yet booked your travel, we may send you an email to remind you about your saved itinerary or let you know about a special airfare to Paris. Similarly, if we send you an email about Paris travel and you show interest in Paris hotels by clicking on a link about Paris hotels in the email, we may send you an email containing special hotel offers in Paris or other destination information such as tours and local entertainment. We hope such emails provide valuable information to you about travel-related or other special offers available on our website. Note, however, that you may choose not to receive these emails
With We may share your information with the following entities:
• Suppliers, such as hotel, airline, car rental, tour and activity providers, and that fulfill your travel and entertainment bookings. All services provided by a third party supplier are described as such on our website. While we may share personal and non-personal information about you with these suppliers, we restrict their use of your email address such that they may only contact you as necessary to facilitate your travel and entertainment bookings or respond to a review that you submitted on our website. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of all travel and entertainment suppliers whose products you purchase through Farepro.com because they may differ substantially from ours.
• Third party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We authorize such vendors to collect and store information on our behalf in order to operate features of our website or facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third party vendors have access to and may collect and store information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They must also follow the same data security practices that we follow.
• Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. If a third party is involved in a product or service that you have requested, their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you select these optional services, we may share both personal and non-personal information about you with those partners. Note, however, that we do not control the privacy practices of these third party business partners.
• Referring websites. If you were referred to Farepro.com from another website (for example, through a link you clicked on another website that directed you to ours), we may share certain information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your personal information so we encourage you to review the privacy statements of any website that referred you to ours.
• In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
• In connection with a corporate transaction, such as divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, liquidation or reorganization.
• Other than as described above, we will notify you when we share your personal information with third parties, and you will have the opportunity to choose that we not share such information.
• If you choose to submit reviews or otherwise contribute to discussion forums at Farepro.com, certain information in your profile may be publicly viewable and identifiable via your user name. You have the ability to your profile as members of the public will see it by logging in to your account.
• We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services that we believe you will find of interest. whom we share your information
How you can access your information
You can access and update your contact information by visiting this website’s My Account page. You can close your account by contacting us at the email address listed below.
How you can close your account
You can close your account by emailing us at email@example.com.
Your choices around collection and use of your information
As stated above, you can decline to supply or provide us with information however you may not be able to make bookings for travel or other products and services or take advantage of certain features offered on our website.
You also can add or update information and close your account as stated above.
When you create an account on our website, you will be given a choice as to whether or not you would like to receive email messages from us about special offers. You can modify your choice at any time by logging in to your account. You will also be able to unsubscribe from commercial email messages in any such email we send. However, we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating to your account or to your transactions on our website, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
The Help menu on the toolbar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. For example, to disable cookies using Internet Explorer, select “Internet Options” under the Tools menu and click on “Privacy.” Select “High” or “Block All Cookies.” To disable cookies using Mozilla Firefox, select “Options” under the “Tools” menu. Note, however, that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the tools and features offered on our website.
Our website also uses beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use beacons to monitor traffic patterns of users across pages within our website, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to determine whether you have come to our website from an online advertisement displayed on a third party website, and to improve website performance. We also may allow our third party vendors to use beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our website. This helps us to measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Display of tailored advertising and your choices
Data collected by us to serve you with relevant advertising. We want to help provide you with relevant content and other information as you use the Internet. To do this, we may, through Cookies and other technologies, collect and store information about your travel-related or other searches, such as prospective itineraries, airfare information or entertainment bookings in which you indicate interest. We use this information, together with other information we have collected about you, to serve you with ads, on our website or elsewhere online, that match your apparent interests. For example, if you search for a flight to Shanghai on our website, you may see an advertisement for a Shanghai travel package on our website or on another website you visit. We do not combine information we collect about your travel-related or other searches with personal information (such as your email address) in order to serve you with advertisements nor do we share your personal information with third parties so that they can serve you with advertisements.
If you wish to opt-out of this kind of advertising, you can either delete cookies on your browser or you can click on the following link:
https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Note that if you choose not to receive tailored ads, you will still see online advertisements, but they will be more general and less relevant to you.
Cookies and other technologies
How we protect your information
We want you to feel secure and confident about using our website to make travel arrangements and other bookings, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect about you. While no website can guarantee security or that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
A warning about phishing Children’s privacy
A warning about phishing
We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, login name, or password, in an unsecure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is our priority. For more information about phishing, you may want to visit the Federal Government website “On Guard Online” at https://onguardonline.gov/phishing.html. Children’s privacy we do not offer services directed to children. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of 13 on our website, we will delete such information from our records. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visiting Farepro.com from outside the United States
If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
How to contact us